Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, RHL is proudly participating in American Heart Month. Locally, 13,000 each year are affected by heart disease.
- We have several activities planned throughout the month to help you learn about activities and products that can help you prevent heart disease
- Helping us all live healthy lifestyles
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy.
For more information, email me (Martha) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 505-750-7847.
This information was taken from HealthFinder.gov